- The Bible is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
- The Scriptures are infallible, inerrant, inspired by God and the sole and final authority. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13)
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man. (Luke 1:26, 35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. (1 Corinthians 15:1,4; Romans 4:25)
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church. (John 14:2-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12, 22; Romans 5:11)
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the Name of The Father, The Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-6)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. (Acts 2:4; Acts 5:3; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 19:1-6; Acts 10:44-46; 1 Cor.2:11,12,16; 1 Cor.12:8-10, John 4:17-19, 1 Cor.14:1, Galatians 3:14-15, Acts 9:17; Mark 6:13; Mark 16:18, James 5:14)
- We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12:14, manifested in the Early Church.
- We believe in the Spirit filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God, as expressing the true Christian faith. (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1)
- We believe in Divine Healing. (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14)
- We believe in the eternal judgement. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14-15) ; eternal life for believers in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; 5:24), and eternal punishment for the unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.(Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1: 26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, or pornography is sinful and offensive to God and forbidden by Scripture. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:24-32; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that Christian believers are not to enter into marriage unequally yoked together with unbelievers.(2 Corinthians 6:14, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16)
Concord City Blessing Church
Service Every Sunday – 5.30 PM
First Presbyterian Church Building – Fireside Room #107
1965 Colfax St, Concord, CA 94520