In year 1990, we began our journey with just a few believers.
When we first started meeting together, we were not very clear as where God would bring us, but one thing was clear that we had the high calling to start an Indonesian church that was Non-Denominational and led by the Spirit of God, in Concord area, and we believed in The Kingdom Principles. Meaning, ‘a church’ that is not just to gather the people to have a Sunday Service Program, or to have religious activities or to be religious.
Then, God connected us with Pr. Paul Pitoy, a lead Indonesian Pastor, then from Bible Temple, in Portland-Oregon. And, now a travelling pastor at Portland City Blessing Church, in Portland-Oregon.
We truly believe that the Body of Christ is supposed to be built on the foundation of The Rock of Christ, and the purpose of It (His Body) is to enlarge His Kingdom, and not to enlarge certain denomination, as per God’s Great Commision.
We gave the full authority to the Spirit of God to lead us and to teach us to build an intimate relationship with the Almighty through Holy Living, because that is what God has intended for all of us to do in His Will.
(1 Peter 1:16; Luke 10:27; Matt.22:37; Deut.6:5; Lev.20:26; Lev. 11:14), and to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:24).
Since we did not have a church building, we held the meeting at Robert and Jeanette White’s house in Concord, on by-weekly basis and the gathering of which was called “Agape Indonesian Fellowship”.
Pastor Paul Pitoy and his team faithfully and obediently fulfill the call of God to minister and to start the Fellowship in Concord for years.
It did not take that long after the outpouring movement of the HS, that the house was no longer big enough to house more than 60 people (mixed Americans & Indonesians), who came from as far as South San Francisco, San Jose and Folsom City.
In 1997, by the grace of God, we moved to and were adopted by the Harvest Church, which was then led by Pr. Gary Gilnette, as the lead pastor. He was so gracious to embrace us as their Indonesian Ministry. Amazingly, God had put us together since we were under the same umbrella of ‘Ministry Fellowship International’; and our church was then called, ‘Harvest Indonesian Ministry’ (HIM), and still led by Pr. Paul Pitoy, as a lead Indonesian pastor of Bible Temple, in Portland, Oregon. Gradually God revealed His plan to the elders and the pillars of the church that it was much more effective for Fresno and Sacramento to support us due to distance & cost, compared to Portland;
The Lord planted CCBC in Concord, California in 2001.
In late March 2001, at the residence of White’s family, Pr. Paul Pitoy – Pr. Paulus Kristanto – Pr. Hermanto Anggono – Robert White – Jeanette White held a special meeting to overturn HIM to Fresno City Blessing Church Group.
And, In April 9, 2001 the first pillars meeting was held in Fresno led by the lead pastor of FCBC (Fresno City Blessing Church), Pr.Paulus Kristanto and Pr. Hermanto Anggono as the mission pastor from Sacramento City Blessing Church (SCBC), and we named the church as “Concord City Blessing Church“, where the latters are now holding the position as ‘the pastors’, ‘the covering’, and ‘the board’ of the present Concord City Blessing Church (CCBC) of California, located in Pleasant Hill, which is led by Ev. Jeanette White.
And through God’s endless faithfulness and kindness to CCBC, God had used His servant’s heart, Pr. Bill Mathews, a senior and lead pastor of Oak Park Church, to share the space to the Indonesian Concord City Blessing Church, to exalt and worship God in building D, at Oak Park Christian Center, in Pleasant Hill.
We give all the glory and honor to our God, Jehova!
- The Bible is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
- The Scriptures are infallible, inerrant, inspired by God and the sole and final authority. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13)
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son
andHoly Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God
andvery Man. (Luke 1:26, 35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. (1 Corinthians 15:1,4; Romans 4:25)
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church. (John 14:2-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12, 22; Romans 5:11)
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the Name of The Father, The Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-6)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. (Acts 2:4; Acts 5:3; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 19:1-6; Acts 10:44-46; 1 Cor.2:11,12,16; 1 Cor.12:8-10, John 4:17-19, 1 Cor.14:1, Galatians 3:14-15, Acts 9:17; Mark 6:13; Mark 16:18, James 5:14)
- We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12:14, manifested in the Early Church.
- We believe in the
Spirit filledlife, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God, as expressing the true Christian faith. (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1)
- We believe in Divine Healing. (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14)
- We believe in the eternal
judgement. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14-15) ; eternal life for believers in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; 5:24), and eternal punishment for the unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.(Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1: 26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, or pornography is sinful and offensive to God and forbidden by Scripture. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:24-32; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that Christian believers are not to enter into marriage unequally yoked together with unbelievers.(2 Corinthians 6:14, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16)
Connecting to God – Connecting to one another as A Body of Christ.
A spiritual family where homes and relationships are
including believers from different cultural, ethnic, social, generational and educational backgrounds.
- Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-19, Nehemiah 3 & 4, Isaiah 61)
- Build each other as a living stone in the Body of Christ (1 Peter 2:5)
- Build unity by edifying in love (Ephesians 4:16)
- We are blessed to be a blessing for others (John 10:
10 ,Isaiah 61:2)
- On the mission of nurture and training others (2 Timothy 2:2)